1. Make different zonesFirst of all, think about every single thing that you do at your home, and then make a list of all those tasks. These things may include rest, study, work, sleep, eat and more. After you are done with the list, you should make separate zones for every task. The creation of fine boundaries and separations is the best way to make a small space look bigger. You can make a small space at the corner for seating, a tented space for your bed, or a study table along with a nice chair in some corner.
2. Change is the essence of lifeYou must go for the things that bring a proper change to your room or apartment. Go for something two in one, like a pretty table that you can use for studying, and on the other hand, it can be utilized as a dining table as well. Again, you should go for daybeds because you can use them for guests as separate beds. Add an ottoman or nursery glider; it will provide you with more space. You should invest in things that can change their shape when needed the other way like the folding chairs, flip-flop tables and pull down the bed.
3. Add that contemporary lookTrick the eyes by making it look expensive with the selection of the right false ceiling and floor to ceiling drapes. You should use the furniture with mirrors and transparent spaces so that it makes the room look bigger. The see through objects give an effect of consuming less space, it does not consume less space, but it gives an effect of that.
4. Little things countYou should use furniture in small sizes that not just decorate your room but also serve a full function for it. For example, instead of buying a large sized table, get two tables in small size. They would provide the same function and will surely look better than the big one. Also, they will make your room less crowded.
5. Bigger means fewerIn the case, you prefer pieces of furniture in the bigger sizes so you must remember a key rule for that bigger means fewer which means if you are using big furniture so use minimum pieces. It will create a look that is grand and huge making the room look bold and beautiful. There are people who think that a populated room that is loaded with different pieces of furniture appears bigger.
Above are all simple tips that will make the most of small spaces for you! Enjoy!
Julie Austin is a blogger who loves to write about home improvement. She is sociable and kind and loves to decorate almost everything! ☺ In her free time, she enjoys sunset with her friends at the seashore. Read her posts at nurserygliderz.com